Director: Professor Zafar Ahmed Latif, MBBS, FCPS (Med)
Course Co-ordinator: Prof. Afsana Karim, Professor of Pharmacology, BIRDEM General Hospital
BIRDEM Academy is a postgraduate institutions of BIRDEM General Hospital for conducting postgraduate courses for medical graduates. DAB, Diabetic Association of Bangladesh established BIRDEM Academy in 1986 with a view to creatingskilled manpower in the field of Endocrinology & Metabolism to improve the care of patients in the country. Now BIRDEM conduct more than 17 (seventeen) residency & non-residency postgraduate courses like MD,MS, M.Phil. Diploma &Ph.D in different subjects under University of Dhaka and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU).
- To Create requisite specialized quality manpower of high ethical standards for manning these institutions and for the country.
- Specialized manpower to be created for providing diabetic healthcare and other specialized Medicare.
- To Develop leadership in healthcare through dedicated and transparent management system.
- To provide affordable healthcare services for all people.
- Creating skilled specialized manpower in different disciplines of healthcare to give treatment for all patients.
- To up to date postgraduate medical education and to make academic environment for graduate trainee in BIRDEM General Hospital.